Thread: Eyeglass frames short circuit your brain

Master OptiBoarder Joann Raytar's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Big Smile Eyeglass frames short circuit your brain

Metal eyeglass frames (4): The metal connection in these frames short circuits the brain's hemispheres where a difference exists in the electrical potential of the two sides of the brain. This can contribute to mental confusion and fatigue as well as headaches for those with a strongly dominant hemisphere. Typical metal frames also contain Nickel, the most common cause of contact dermatitis (also from costume jewelry).

Most frames are made with a plastic temple cover, which can help if the frames are adjusted so that no metal touches the skin. Nickel-free Titanium frames are not only the lightest and strongest, but also the most biocompatible of all metal frames made of the non-precious metals.

The most common site of cancer around the eye is where the nose-pads rest, compressing the tissue with plastic or silicone, and restricting circulation and lymph flow. Consider biocompatible contact lenses and reducing dependency on glasses. A slightly reduced prescription can often help ease this transition and actually improve visual performance and comfort.

Glass eyeglass lenses (3): Optical glass may contain Uranium and Thorium, exposing the eye to ionizing radiation that can contribute to cataracts.

Eyeglass prescription (6): Lens prescriptions affect the intensity and distribution of electromagnetic energy on the retina. The retina is specifically designed to receive sunlight, which is one octave of the electromagnetic spectrum. The retina is the primary sensory receptor of the body. Each retina has the capacity to send as much information and electromagnetic energy to the brain as all other sensory systems combined. This electromagnetic nerve current is transmitted in the form of waves of electrical action potentials. Nerve current is what stimulates and regulates the brain and all of its functions. The lens prescription which minimizes electromagnetic stress on the retina and brain may not give the sharpest vision. Vision that is too sharp reduces the total information flow and increases stress.

http://www.wizardofeyez.com/emf_types.html
    Harry J,
    All along you thought I needed more coffee and a stronger Rx; it looks like it has just been my eyeglasses short circuiting my brain. I wonder if working in an optical dispensary increases the problem even further?

Bad address email on file optigoddess's Avatar
    When I worked in Eugene, Oregon (a very HIPPIE-ish environment -- complete with several HEMP festivals every year...) I had a lady ask me to replace the silicone nosepads with the regular because "silicone interfers with the human aura" :hammer:

Cape Codger OptiBoard Gold Supporter hcjilson's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Re: Eyeglass frames short circuit your brain

Jo said:
    Harry J,
    All along you thought I needed more coffee and a stronger Rx; it looks like it has just been my eyeglasses short circuiting my brain. I wonder if working in an optical dispensary increases the problem even further?

Only if you try on frames all day!!:D :D
    hj
    "Always laugh when you can. It is a cheap medicine"
    Lord Byron

Take a photo tour of Cape Cod and the Islands!
    www.capecodphotoalbum.com

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Silicone ....

It could be the silicone, wherever it is, that is disrupting her aura or it migh have something to do with the hemp! Sometimes is't really hard to tell the difference ;)

Actually, I do find that some have a low-grade allergic reaction to silicone pads, so then I use vinal or acetate.

Jo, thank you for the insights. Now I know why I am addicted to this business, it when they took the gold of of metal frames and I have worn only this subsersive metal, mind altering, vision altering contraption since then.

It's a plot.....

It's a conspiracy ......

Is there anyone who can deliver us ..

Ahhhhhhhhhhh...............................

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    The lens prescription which minimizes electromagnetic stress on the retina and brain may not give the sharpest vision. Vision that is too sharp reduces the total information flow and increases stress.
    Hmmm, maybe if I backed my Rx off .50D I would be better able to concentrate on what our exam fees should be.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Huh?

I've been in front of this computer too long.

It's getting to me.

Like, help!

(Gotta get off that Prozac!) It's doin me!

I'm reading things that would only be in the OEP Newsletter.
    I've been worrying about what goes on in Forest Grove, Oregon.
    Sorta like being in Roswell, NM.

Bad address email on file ldyflsh's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I recently had a patient come into my office for an adjustment. I noticed two tiny radio transistors wired to each temple. I asked the reason for the "hardware". This was her answer. "according to my chiropractor, I have a problem with picking up radio waves and it's affecting my vision." Well, what could I say? I asked if I could possibly help her with the problem. I pulled off the transistors and used clear heat shrink tubing on the temples. I explained that if the problem was because the metal was to close to her head (her reasoning, not mine...) maybe the tubing would help and would look much better. I also told her that if it didn't work, we could put the transistors back on the frame.
    She agreed and I made the switch. She called me an hour later and told me she felt 100% better and I had "fixed" the problem. Needless to say, I now have a very loyal patient for life.....still scratching my head on that one...lol

Rising Star
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I had a guy that bought glasses with magnetic clips and swore the magnets gave him a headache.That one cost me some money to replace them but that's the price of the entertainment.

Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field

This is actually on the market.....................

One frame company now has a frame with ionized parts in the temples and bridge similar to to bracelets you wear on your wrist. So far the sales have been only to those who believe and purchased the bracelets.

Go Figure,

Rep

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Mood Glasses

Better yet, Color Therapy Eyewear you can dictate your own mood by wearing certain colors.
    Color is a powerful mood regulator, and our Color Therapy Eyewear provides an easy, non-intrusive way to create the mood you desire. These lightweight acrylic glasses have comfortable frames and lenses that block 95% of UVB and 60% of UVA rays. The set includes seven colors for seven states of mind: violet to relax; indigo to help clear thinking; blue to stimulate creative expression; green to counter over-stimulation and exhaustion; yellow to lift spirits; orange to rejuvenate, and red to rev-up vitality and energy.
    I don't know about driving with the red lenses on; however, I guess you would be pretty reved-up if you didn't notice the brake lights on the car in front of you.

Occupation
    Optometrist
    I hear that with Billy Brock crystals in your lenses, you can channel the late Jerry Garcia!

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Oh man, you guys are cracking me up. I needed a good laugh today. Keep it coming.

Have a great day all!!!

Thread Information